Learning from Little Momo
Ben and I have been living with an adorable little baby girl called Momo 桃 (which means Peach in Japanese), and her すてきな gorgeous parents (our close friends), Ai and Daigo Ito for the past year, or close to two years now.
Infact, we have known Momo since she was just a tiny bean in her Mama's belly...way back in September 2006 when we all moved in together. The four of us thought we'd be really Tokyo-21st century savvy and rent out a "family sized house" together (share-housing is almost taboo over here!) and before we knew it, Ai discovered she was pregnant and 9 months later, a little family was born.
And in the blink of an eye... Momo is about to turn 1 year old next week.
It's been a really amazing education / insight / confidence-builder into parenthood for Ben and I. Both of us having been pretty baby-phobic + inexperienced prior to living with Momo.
But looks like we'll be parting ways this June...only 6 weeks left living together :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Joh Joh thanks for your heartfelt note about Momo!!
I could not survive this crazy year as working mom without your warm presence at home... Moms in general can be really lonely, but I never felt that thanks to you.
I cannot wait till the day when Momo and your child can do the exchange homestay in Japan and Australia!!
Post a Comment