Happy Birthday Dad

My Dad, Ian Stratton, was born on this day back in 1940 in Leeds, England.




If he were still with us, he'd be 68 years old -- and no doubt a wonderful grandfather and intrepid traveller.




I've no doubt that he'd be cruising around outback Australia in a suped-up caravan with my Mum, or sailing bareboat in the Pacific, or finding some other beautiful way to enjoy his well-earnt retirement, his family and friends, and the great outdoors.



So I'm remembering him today with a flashback to some photos that I have with me here in Japan...they're are some golden oldies amongst them...I finally got around to scanning some and creating the beginnings of a digital album.



Dad!
You are the best and I miss you beyond words. You taught me so many important qualities in life, and I hope to pass them on to my children too. I feel your spirit all the time, and it's helping guide me through my life.

No comments: